Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Why the blog isn't getting updated

So, I wanted to apologize, as you probably won' t get many updates in November (although hopefully one will go up later today) - any November. And there's one word to describe why:

NaNoWriMo

I am one of those mildly insane people who sit down every November and write 50000 words. This is my fifth year, and I've gotten to the point of the month where I wonder why I do this to myself every year, and wonder why I am forcing myself to write 2000 words a day when I'd really rather be playing video games, or staring at the wall, or anything really, and begin to despair of keeping up the pace.

But I will, because it means I'll be done early and then the rest of November will be mine, bwhahahaha.

I am a writing nerd. I have a little portable writing table with folding legs (which will become an art project in late November or early December - it is unfinished and I am sick of splinters) and special writing gloves to protect my wrists. It is all extremely nerdy and if I remember I will take a picture of it later.

No comments: